Information for Veterinarians
Kitty Kollars® are being widely used by veterinary practices such as:
- Critical and emergency care clinics such as those in Los Angeles, New York, and the Research Triangle in North Carolina
- Veterinary Teaching Hospitals at Texas A & M University, University of Wisconsin and many others
- Numerous individual Veterinary practices across the US, Canada, Singapore, the UK, Hong Kong, Taiwan, New Zealand, Brazil, Germany, Japan and Australia
Applications in a Veterinary Practice
The Kollar was designed to be a sensible solution to the everyday patient management of an esophagostomy tube (E-Tube) in a cat or dog. The adjustable Kollar fits securely around the animal’s neck, with a hole for the tube and a Velcro™ strap to secure it when it is not in use. Circular quilted cotton pads are supplied to place between the kollar and the skin, protecting the wound to absorb drainage from below and protect from contaminants from above. The Kollar eliminates the need for owners to attempt to learn bandaging techniques, as well as unnecessary repeated visits to your office for re-bandaging. Primary benefits of the Kollar include:
- Machine washable collars provide superior cleanliness of site
- Ease of application and removal (=convenience)
- Lowered risk of tube removal by animal
- Decreased risk of wound trauma (animals scratch at site less; less chance that owners will bandage too tightly and restrict breathing)
- Can leave in place for Radiographs, MRI, chemotherapy, other procedures
- Aesthetically pleasing for “squeamish” clients
- Enables you to send home a more professional and compassionate presentation
Styles and Usage
We suggest that you purchase kollars to place post-surgically, then offer clients the option to purchase additional kollars to take home. Each collar is packaged in a plastic bag with a laminated information card, and comes with 6 protector pads (a one-to-two-week supply).
Kitty Kollars are made in the US by hand, and your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Kitty Kollars are carried by many veterinary distributors. So ask your distributor if they carry them and, if not, encourage them to do so.
You may also order kollars from Kitty Kollar at the retail price or, with a minimum order of 25 kollars, you will receive special veterinary pricing. If you order a minimum of 50 kollars, shipping is included. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your clinic information for a price list and information.